- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp grounded nutmeg
- 2 cups water
- Groundnut oil
- Table spoon
- Tea spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Big spoon (if you dont want to use your hand)
- Table cloth
- Frying pan
- Strainer spoon
- Combine the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl (i.e flour, yeast, sugar, nutmeg). Slowly add in water while mixing. Stop as soon as the water has been absorbed, ensure the batter is smooth. (Batter should be thick and smooth with a couple of bubbles ).
- Cover the mixture (airtight) with a table cloth. Set aside in a warm place for 45-60 minutes.
- Set a large frying pot on medium heat, add in the oil and heat until hot.
- Scoop enough batter with your hand and drop the ball in oil. Repeat until pan of oil is full.
- Fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove the done snack and put into a sieve to drain the oil.
- You could sprinkle sugar over the puff puff when done.
- Serve with chilled drink or juice.