Its Monday!!! To be honest I am not excited because work has resumed. Happy Fathers day in arrears to the fathers. Sorry guys for not posting anything over the weekend. It was a busy one.
Anyways, today I’ll be talking on pillows. I am pretty sure some people are like “Really? Pillows? What are you going to say about pillows?”. Well thing is when we all hear the word pillow, the first thing that comes to mind is comfort. When we are tired or uncomfortable, the pillow makes us more comfortable and helps us rest.
- Be approachable: Being approachable has to do with the fact that people can come to you at anytime and know your arms are always open. It also means that you are easy to talk to and friendly.
- Be a good listener: When people sulk or cry, they lean on their pillow and sometimes say what they are feeling or passing through even when the pillow can’t respond. So be a good listener.
- Be patient: Being patient is an attribute of a good listener. You can’t be a good listener and not be patient. They go hand-in-hand.
- Never put yourself first: While trying to be a pillow, never put yourself first. The person leaning on you already has enough problems so why add to it by complaining or saying what you are passing through?.
- Be confidential: Ever heard of ‘doctor to patient confidentiality’?. While being a pillow, you have to behave like the pillow by keeping quiet. Pillows are not blabbermouths. They are like classified files in the CIA or FBI. They don’t leak out what they are told. They keep secrets. So be confidential.
- Check: While being a pillow check with the person from time to ensure the person is okay. It shows the person you care.
- Assurance: This is very important. You have to assure the person that there is a way out whatever the person is feeling or passing through.