One thing I have learned so far as a blogger is consistency. There was a certain period (like 5 months or so) I dropped off the blogging radar. This was because of school (project, assignments,tests etc.) and I couldn’t handle the stress of both school and blogging. I didn’t even have a schedule so it affected my blog plan.
Remember how I have been ranting about not starting work because of strike? Well although the strike hasn’t been called off, I started going to work last week Monday. When I started there was nothing really much to do but further into the week, the work load increased rapidly. At the beginning of this year, I published the days of the week I will be publishing blog posts. When I made this decision, I wasn’t going to work so it worked very well and smoothly for me with no inconveniences. Now work has begun so my days are not as free as before and blogging consistently has posed as a challenge. With this recent tight schedule, I am still sticking to publishing posts consistently. Here are 5 tips on how to balance your work life and blogging.
1. Have a Schedule: Balancing both blogging and work, can be very difficult. In order to keep your readers posted constantly, you need to know your work schedule. There are days of the week you know you have less work to do except once in a while (depending on the kind of work). These days are good days to write and publish a post. So draw up a schedule based on less stressfull days of work.
I scheduled my blog posts based on convenient days for me; Tuesday: because workload is not heavy, Friday: because it’s the day of my CDS (Community Development Service) so I have practically almost the whole day to myself and Sunday: because church service closes early so I have the day to write for both Sunday and prepare Tuesdays post.
2. Make Use of the Tools Available: There are so many tools available online like Hootsuite for Twitter, Planoly or Later for Instagram, Facebook scheduler for Facebook pages etc. I used to use Hootsuite for my Twitter account but stopped. I use Planoly for my Instagram page and it’s awesome because it helps me plan my feed ahead of time.
3. Use Your Shuttle Time: If you’re the kind of blogger who takes the bus or cab to work, you can use this period to write your blog post. You don’t have to necessarily wait till end of the close of work before writing a blog post. You may even get inspiration along the way for subsequent blog posts.
4. Use Your Break Periods: As a human being you need to learn to prioritize. Being a blogger is no exception. Infact, bloggers priotize on practically everything. Those break or free periods were talk to friends about lame things is the period for you to write up a post even if it means writing down outlines. I would actually recommend this time of the day because you are at your calmest.
5. Always Have a Note book / Note pad with you: Having either of these (notebook or notepad) will help you in balancing your blogging life and work life. Anytime you see, hear or read anything that inspires you as a blogger based on your niche, endeavor to write it down because you may forget. Writing things down will aslo help you plan and schedule when to post these ideas you have come up it. I always have a notepad in my bag.
What other ways do you recommend to balancing work life and blogging? How do you balance both (we can learn from each other)? Please let me know in the comment section below 👇. 💛💛